HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Education – The Mongan Method is a series of prenatal classes that based on the philosophy of natural birth. It is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. It prepares expectant woman and her birth companion a positive mindset and exercises to condition the mind and body towards preparing for the most satisfying birth and emphasizing the feeling for the baby from womb to birth.
HypnoBirthing® combines science and nature, it is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. It is presented in a fascinating series of five classes that educate, inform, inspire and empower expectant parents to birth the way they desire and that birth doesn’t have to be a traumatic event but a celebration of life.
Mind over Body
HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. It returns women the confidence in birthing by tapping into the body’s own natural relaxant, release of endorphine, the natural painkiller 200 times more powerful than morphine; and thus reduce much discomfort and the use of harmful chemical painkillers and drugs.
Husband/Birth Companion Involvement
Husband is no longer feeling helpless. HypnoBirthing® embraces a family approach involving the birthing companion an integral role, brings the family closer through positive pre-birth parenting. During the labouring process, partner is taught ways to help the labouring woman to relax and stay focus so she can stay more connected to her body.
Baby Friendly Approach
Expectant parents are taught positive pre-parenting and emphasize on understanding baby’s feeling from womb to birth. Women learn to trust her body with her own innate power to breathe her baby down the birth path instead of forced pushing. Baby enters the world in a calm and gentle manner without being frighten by the rough handling and thus reduces traumatize birth experience.
What some HypnoBirth moms get:
- ability to calmly birth the baby unassisted, without forced pushing, breathe baby down without episiotomy
- ability to enjoy the contraction
- empowering experience to request for the birth that they wanted.
- move about freely and eat as moms desire
- ability to tell their body what to do with visualization and self-hypnosis method
- ability to speed up recovery even for caesarean birth
~What People Are Saying~
“I actually enjoyed my contraction, HypnoBirthing makes me realised staying positive is important. It gave me a calm and smooth experience and changed my mindset of childbirth” – Angeline Seo, a mother of two in Singapore
“HypnoBirthing was so much more than just learning how to have a natural and comfortable birth, it’s a skill that changed my life forever. HypnoBirthing has taught me Communication…with my body, my partner and my baby Honey - Tracy Rose, Australia http://www.HypnobirthingRocks.com.au
US Statistics of mothers using HypnoBirthing at birth from 2005-2010
Ceasarean rate of national average is 32% as compare to 17% for HypnoBirth mothers
71% of the national average uses epidural analgesia as compare to 23% for mothers using HypnoBirthing.
Journal of consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1990 reported 84% of hypnosis group birth without cesarean, forcep and vacuum.
2001 American Journal of Family Practice showed the reduction of complications, surgery and hospital stay showed direct medical benefit to mother and child, and suggest the potential for a corresponding cost-saving benefit.
These are some of the highlights of HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Classes:
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing.
- How the mind and emotions affect the body
- Why labor hurts and why it doesn’t have to be. Understand the sources of myths about pain in childbirth
- Bonus of releasing fear, the enemy of pain, and negative emotions that may affect the outcome of your birth
- Teach Deep Relaxation and visualisation techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that causes long labor and pain, replacing them with confidence, calm, and comfort.
- Different birthing positions for a shorter and more comfortable labor.
- Tapping nature’s own relaxant to create the body’s own natural anesthesia.
- Greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers and episiotomy.
- Breathing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding of mother, baby and father
- Preparing a birth plan and empower parents to create calm and joyful birthing environment
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting.
- Fosters more rapid postnatal recovery even for caesarean birth
- Know when to go to hospital so as to avoid unnecessary intervention
HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Classes Details
For more information, please visit Classes.
I welcome any feedback if you have attended the previous classes or preview. Here is the link.